Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Recent Episodes of Perils for Pedestrians
All episodes are 28 minutes long. A new episode is released
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
Also check out our Pedestrian Video Specials.
Episode 250: Tennessee DOT
- We visit Nashville to learn about the Tennessee Department of Transportation. We talk with:
- The Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator,
- The Multimodal Planning Office Supervisor, and
- A Deputy Commissioner.
Episode 249: Las Cruces, New Mexico
- We meet the chair of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Facilities Advisory Committee.
- We talk with the head of a new transit system.
- The public gives input to a new comprehensive plan.
- A walker enjoys meeting people on transit.
Episode 248: Las Cruces, New Mexico
- We talk with a former city councilor about development and pedestrians.
- We learn about Health Impact Assessments.
- A report studied access to trails and parks in Doña Ana County.
- We look at the needs of poor and homeless pedestrians.
Episode 247: Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Children bike to school at Mesilla Elementary.
- Some parents bike with them.
- We learn about the Safe Routes to School Coalition.
- We talk with a city council member about pedestrians.
- We meet the president of a local Volkssport club.
- A new tunnel unites the trail system in Frederick, Maryland.
- Community support is vital to local trails and parks in Frederick.
- Snow removal from sidewalks is a problem along state highways in Maryland.
- Crossing the street in Washington and Beirut.
- We talk with a city councilor in North Vancouver, British Columbia.
- We learn about North Shore Safe Routes Advocates.
- We visit an historic neighborhood of traditional Hanok houses in Seoul, South Korea.
Episode 244: Hong Kong
- We travel to Hong Kong, where we learn about the Harbour Loop.
- We take a look at Hong Kong's system of elevated walkways.
- We find out what Hong Kong is like for pedestrians.
- A pedestrian talks about challenges for people with disabilities in Hong Kong.
- We take the Mid-Levels Escalator and hike the Old Peak Road to see the view from Victoria Peak.
Episode 243: Hong Kong
- We visit Hong Kong for the Walk21 conference.
- We take a look back with Jim Walker.
- We learn about the Community For Road Safety in Hong Kong.
- We drop in on the opening press conference for Walk21.
Episode 242: Korea, Japan
- We learn about street addresses in Seoul, South Korea.
- We talk with a Japanese professor about pedestrians and bicyclists in Japan.
- We look at pedestrians and bicyclists in Seoul.
Episode 241: Cheonggyecheon, Seoul, South Korea
- The Cheonggyecheon restoration project in Seoul, South Korea.