Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Episodes 111 to 120 of Perils for Pedestrians
All episodes are 28 minutes long. A new episode is released
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
Episode 120: North and South Carolina
- The pedestrian and bicycle coordinator for Durham, NC.
- The Triangle Transit Authority in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, NC.
- The Cooper River Bridge in Charleston, SC.
Episode 119: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- A Safe Routes To School Task Force in Mechanicsburg, PA
- The viewpoint of children.
- The SRTS Task Force survey results.
- Crossing guards in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- Missing sidewalks in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- A dietician on walking and personal health in Mechanicsburg, PA
- A businessman on walking and the health of Main Street in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- We travel to Zurich, Switzerland, for the Sixth International Walking Conference.
- We visit the Voorhees Transportation Center in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- We learn about the New Jersey Mayors Wellness Campaign.
- We look at bicycle planning for a university.
- We attend Walk to School Day in Olney, Maryland.
- We meet a transportation engineer with Salt Lake City.
- We talk with the Utah bicycle and pedestrian coordinator,
- We learn about the New York Bicycling Coalition in Albany.
- We attend the dedication of a new trail in Frostburg, MD.
- We visit the Parley's Creek Trail in Salt Lake City.
- A planner looks at how the trail is part of a walkable city.
- We learn about the active living partnership in Winnebago, Nebraska.
- We visit the Sugarhouse district of Salt Lake City, where new development neglects pedestrians.
- We talk with a store manager about slower streets helping businesses.
- A bicyclist looks at the need for better education and enforcement in Utah.
- We learn about the active living partnership in Louisville, Kentucky.
Episode 114: Emergency Evacuation
- We look at the role of walking in evacuating New York on 9-11.
- Walking also played a key role during the 2003 blackout.
- We talk with an evacuation planner in Albany.
- We look at obstacles to evacuation in the Washington DC region.
Episode 113: Switzerland
- We learn about public toilets in Zurich, Switzerland.
- We drop in on Multimobil Day.
- We visit the car free village of Braunwald.
- We hike on Switzerland's extensive network of trails.
- We visit Magglingen for a conference on transport related physical activity.
- We talk with a researcher about activity levels in children.
- We visit the Active Living Partnership in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago.
- We learn about the Sunday Parkways plan.
- We stop by the Interurban Trail in Cedarburg, Wisconsin.
- We talk with a public health nurse in Milwaukee.
Episode 111: Wisconsin
- We meet one of the founders of Wisconsin Walks.
- We talk with a planner in White Fish Bay, Wisconsin.
- We learn about the National Park Service Rivers and Trails Program in Milwaukee.