Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Episodes 201 to 210 of Perils for Pedestrians
All episodes are 28 minutes long. A new episode is released
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
Also check out our Pedestrian Video Specials.
- We look at a trail along a pipeline in Olney, Maryland.
- We drop in on Walk to School Day in Kensington, Maryland.
- We attend the announcement for a new transit line in Maryland.
- We join a pedestrian parade to downtown Munich at the Walk21 conference.
- We join a protest march for pedestrians in Munich.
Episode 209: Venice
- We talk with a professor about pedestrians in Venice.
- We find out why families want to live in Venice.
Episode 208: Europe
- We visit Munich and learn about the German pedestrian organization.
- We head to mainland Venice to learn about the Pumas project.
- We travel up the Grand Canal.
Episode 207: Munich, Germany
- We drop in on the Walk21 international pedestrian conference in Munich.
- We talk with the Mayor of Munich about walking.
- We learn about a European initiative for 30 kilometer per hour speed limits.
Episode 206: Geneva, Switzerland
- We visit the World Health Organization in Geneva to learn about road safety.
- We visit the International Road Federation in Geneva.
Episode 205: Geneva, Switzerland
- We talk in depth with a geographer about pedestrians in Geneva, Switzerland.
- We talk with a state delegate about a new sidewalk in Kensington, Maryland.
- We talk with Rick Steves about walking in Europe.
- We look at bicycle access to the University of North Carolina in Charlotte.
- Transportation Secretary Ray Lahood speaks at the National Bike Summit in Washington.
Episode 203: Charlotte, North Carolina
- We travel to Charlotte for the American Public Works Association Winter Maintenance Conference.
- We talk with an architect about walkable communities.
- A planner discusses the role of the private sector in making walkable places.
- We learn about accommodations for blind pedestrians in Charlotte.
Episode 202: Charlotte, North Carolina
- We travel to Charlotte, where we meet the Director of the Department of Transportation.
- We talk with the Safe Routes To School state advocacy organizer.
- We talk with the Bicycle Program Manager for Charlotte.
- We learn about the Transportation Initiatives of the Congress For the New Urbanism.
- We drop in on the ProWalk, ProBike, ProPlace conference in Long Beach.
- We meet the founder of Los Angeles Walks.
- We look at a new fire hydrant that blocks a sidewalk in Bethesda, Maryland.