Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Episodes 101 to 110 of Perils for Pedestrians
All episodes are 28 minutes long. A new episode is released
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
- The Rails-to-Trails Conference; Minneapolis, MN
- Bicycle engineering at Southern Illinois University; Edwardsville, IL
- A bicycle advocate on bicycle education; Salt Lake City, UT
- The RWJF active living partnership in Omaha, NE
Episode 109: Isanti County, Minnesota
- The RWJF active living partnership in Isanti County, Minnesota.
- The Cambridge Lutheran Church hosts Faithfully Fit.
- Seniors enjoy comradery and devotion along with exercise in Cambridge, MN.
- Isanti County organizes walking and bicycling events.
- Barriers to walking in the Town of Isanti.
- Mayor Rocky Anderson on pedestrians; Salt Lake City, UT.
- Hit and run drivers; Springfield, MO.
- The RWJF Active Living Partnership; Columbia, MO.
- Media coverage of the Partnership; Columbia, MO.
- The author of "Minx in the City"; Salt Lake City, UT
- The organizer of a Criterium bicycle race; Silver Spring, MD.
- The winner of the women's professional division; Silver Spring. MD.
- Music City Moves is the RWJF Active Living Partnership; Nashville, TN.
- The Metropolitan Planning Department plays a key role in the Partnership; Nashville, TN.
- Missouri's Pedestrian and Bicycle Coordinator; Jefferson City, MO.
- The American Podiatric Medical Association, and their choice for America's most walkable city.
- A parkway study in suburban Maryland.
- The organization Sustrans and the National Cycle Network in the United Kingdom.
- The Coalition for Smarter Growth in Washington, DC.
Episode 105: Velo-City, Dublin, Ireland
- The Velo-city conference series.
- Velo-city 2005 in Dublin.
- The Dublin Cycling Campaign.
- National Policies to Promote Cycling.
- Bicycle Workshops in Rome.
- We talk with the chair of the Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
- A protest to restore a cancelled bikeway in Maryland.
- A bicycle commuter in Richmond, Virginia.
- The American Lung Association of Virginia
Episode 103: Universal Design
- Issues confronting a blind pedestrian in Richmond, Virginia.
- Universal Design and independent living.
- AARP works to keep seniors walking.
- Safe Kids works to get children walking.
- The Rediscover Maryland walking program.
- The youngest walker to complete the program.
- We discuss transportation with a Virginia State Senator.
- We talk with the chairman of the Fairfax County Non-motorized Transportation Committee.
- Experimental Intelligent Speed Adaptation in Sweden.
- The Action Committee for Transit in Maryland.
- The Surface Transportation Policy Project releases their fifth Mean Streets report.
- The Active Living Partnership in Charleston, SC.
- An engineer talks about pedestrian signals in Seattle.