Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Episodes 221 to 230 of Perils for Pedestrians
All episodes are 28 minutes long. A new episode is released
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
Also check out our Pedestrian Video Specials.
- Bike to School Day in Takoma Park, Maryland.
- Bicycle education in the curriculum for all second grade students in Washington, DC.
- A pedestrian safety walkabout in Gaithersburg, MD.
- The Transportation Services Advisory Committee in Frederick, Maryland.
Episode 229: Vision Zero
- The Washington Area Bicyclist Association and Vision Zero.
- The Vision Zero announcement.
Episode 228: Frederick, Maryland
- The Frederick Pedestrian - Bicycle Advisory Committee.
- The East Frederick Rising project.
- Blind pedestrian issues in Frederick, Maryland.
- The National Walking Summit in Washington, DC.
- The Everybody Walk Collaborative.
- We talk with the Surgeon General about his Call to Action on Walking and Walkable Communities.
- We attend the release of the Call To Action.
Episode 226: Vienna, Austria
- A major shopping street has just been pedestrianized.
- Austria has a new National Strategy to Promote Walking.
- We meet the founder of the Austrian pedestrian organization.
- We learn about the European Institute for Sustainable Transport.
Episode 225: Vienna, Austria
- We meet Jim Walker, Strategic Director of Walk21.
- We talk with the program director for the Walk21 conference.
- We learn about the Vienna Mobility Agency, and their Pedestrian Strategy.
- We drop in on the opening press conference for Walk21.
Episode 224: Bratislava, Slovakia
- We visit Bratislava in Slovakia.
- We look at planning and designing public spaces.
- We learn about pedestrian and bicycle advocacy in Slovakia.
- Advocates take advantage of the public input process for new developments.
- The New Jersey Bike-Walk Coalition.
- Bike and Walk Morristown.
- The fourteenth New Partners For Smart Growth Conference in Baltimore.
- We talk with a consultant in Santa Monica about walkable Main Streets.
- We talk with the Chief of Engineering for the County of Kauai about Complete Streets.
- We attend the opening of the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station, where we meet the Virginia Governor and the United States Secretary of Transportation.
- We check out conditions at the five new Silver Line Metrorail Stations.
Episode 221: Hawaii
- We talk with the executive director of the Hawaii Bicycling League.
- We talk with an experienced cyclist about bicycles and traffic.